Ashford Animal Clinic
SAMPLE STUD SERVICE CONTRACT #2
Thank you for expressing an interest in using "name of your dog" in your breeding program.
Enclosed you will find a copy of his pedigree and our policies concerning stud services to outside bitches. Before a
commitment for breeding is made please consider the following. Prior to a breeding agreement, we require from you:
2. A legible four generation pedigree.
3. A photocopy of your bitch's OFA hip and elbow certification.(or whatever tests are appropriate)
4. Recent photograph or video tape of the bitch.
Following an agreement to breed, it is required that you:
2. Pay all transportation costs for the bitch. Airport pick-up and delivery fees to (xx airport) as follows: ($xxxx).
3. Pay all veterinary costs, at the time of service, while the bitch is in our
care. This would include vaginal smears, artificial insemination (if the bitch is unreceptive to natural breeding or we
are unhappy with the culture report etc. )
4. Pay all expenses if using fresh chilled semen including collection kits,
semen collection, shipping charges, etc.
5. A record of current vaccinations including Rabies.
6. Names and addresses of all prospective puppy owners.
7. Agree that puppies resulting from this breeding shall not knowingly be sold either directly, or to an agent thereof, who sells outright or consigns to a pet shop, kennel, or individual whose purpose is mass production, wholesaling, or retailing of purebred dogs.
Prior to an agreement to breed, our responsibilities to you are as follows:
2. To provide a
photocopy of our stud's OFA hip and elbow certification. (Add other appropriate tests.)
3. A four generation pedigree.
After an agreement to breed has been signed, it would be our responsibility to provide you:
2. A veterinarian certified semen evaluation dated no more than 90
days before the mating.
All proposed bitches must meet the following criteria:
2. The bitch must have a stable temperament.
3. The bitch must have proper dentition. We will not breed any bitch that is under or
overshot or has three or more missing teeth.
4. If the bitch is five years of age or older she ought to have a current T4
STUD SERVICE POLICY
The owner of the dam identified above agrees on this date: / / (initialed: ) that the stud fee must be paid to the stud dog owner before the stud dog owner will sign the AKC litter registration application.
NOTE: The American Kennel Club takes the position that the owner of the sire is required to sign an application to register a litter certifying only to the fact that a particular dam was bred to the sire identified on the Litter Registration Application form on a specified date of mating, unless there is an agreement signed by all parties concerned in which it is specifically set forth that the owner of the sire is not obligated to sign an American Kennel Club litter registration application form until such time as the stud fee has been paid.
2. Two or more live puppies, seven days old, constitutes a litter.
3. If a breeding does not occur, either naturally or artificially, the owner of the stud dog will return the stud fee.
In this case, a five dollar per day board charge charge will apply.
4. If the bitch does not whelp two or more live puppies, the stud dog owner will return
the half stud fee minus a ($xx) non-refundable breeding fee.
5. Other conditions are as follows:
BITCH'S NAME AND TITLES:
DATE OF BIRTH:
To the following male ("Breed")
DATE OF BIRTH: